I have talked to numerous people who are just afraid to even use Facebook because they have heard so many horror stories.
God can even use Facebook for good!
How can God use Facebook for good?
First of all, remember, you have the power to choose. If it’s not for you or you feel that it won’t be in your best interest then, by all means, don’t do it.
Second, you don’t have to be everyone’s friend.
Third, you have options. You don’t have to know everything that’s going on every moment of the day.
Now, after saying all that here are some practical things you can do to make sure it doesn’t take over your life.
- Join groups and pages that bless and encourage your soul. Follow people who pour wisdom and encouragement into your life.
- Opt to see your top interests. Once you follow someone, Facebook gives you the option now to see that first. I found two links that will explain how to do it if you are unfamiliar with this option.
- Turn off notifications for things that you are really not interested in. Remember, you don’t have to know it all.
- Use your own page to bless and encourage.
- Continually declutter your page and look for new pages that are beneficial for your growth.
If you find that it is taking over and you feel like you have to continually check it then it’s time to declutter your account, deactivate it for a while or just… Declutter your social media life. If it’s a constant distraction, remove it from your phone.
Look for pages that resonate with you, help you on your journey, and make you laugh a bit.
These are so many good pages out there, but these are a few of my faves to follow.
These pages just speak hope to my soul and encourage me to keep going.
What about you?
Got any favorite Facebook tips or sites to share?
© Zee Dean and Uniquely1Zee.com, 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Zee Dean and Uniquely1Zee.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.